Note: Due to the high level of downloads of our Highlights, we have gone over our quota of bandwidth, and have had to remove the links to our clips. We are actively investigating alternative solutions, and hope to have these items up by the end of this week (June 11th).
Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.
If you have any questions, please e-mail the webmanager.
Selected highlights form the web cast will be posted below. You will need Microsoft Media Player to view these files.
Note: Each group of files are placed on this page in reverse chronological order i.e. latest file first.
Note: Some users have reported errors in opening files if they click on the link in their browser, but if they cut and paste the link into Medial Player, it works.
Thursday, June 3rd:
- Special Edition Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview with Primate Elect, Archbishop Andrew Hutchison, and his wife, Lois, on his feelings on the present and future Church, and on her plans as wife of the Primate.
- Afternoon Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview and commentary with Rev. Gloria Moses, of the Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior, on the Residential Schools Staff resolution.
- Midday Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview and commentary with:
Wednesday, June 2nd:
- Evening Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview and commentary on the deferral of section 2 of Resolution 134 (Same Sex Blessings) with James Robinson, of the Diocese of Calgary, and Archbishop Terence Finlay, of the Diocese of Toronto.
- Afternoon Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interviews and commentary with:
- Rob Dickson, Chair of the Financial Management and Development Committee, on the General Synod budget.
- Bishop Sue Moxley, of the Anti-Racism Working Group, on the misunderstanding that racism is not a large issue in Canada, and on the work of the committee.
- Midday Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interviews with:
- Roy Newcombe, of the Diocese of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, on the extraordinary fundraising efforts of Christ Church Cherry Valley, Prince Edward Island;
- Shara Golden, of the Diocese of Fredericton, on the fundraising challenge given by the Diocese to the parishes, and;
- Thomas Roach, coordinating artist of the HIV/AIDS banner, on its inspiration and symbolism.
- Presentation on HIV/AIDS by Stephen Lewis. The Stephen Lewis Foundation web site is http://www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/
Tuesday, June 1st:
- Evening Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview and commentary with Todd Russell, co-chair of the Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples’ (ACIP), on the presentation made by ACIP, the residential schools settlement, and the future of indigenous peoples’ relationship with the Anglican Church of Canada.
- Midday Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview and commentary with the Reverend Canon Murray Still, of the Diocese of Rupert’s Land, on the process and pace at which Indigenous Peoples work through the decision-making process.
Results of table group discussions on the Blessing of Same Sex Unions (resolution A 134).
Monday, May 31st:
Evening Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview and commentary with Dorothy Davies-Findall, Prolocutor of General Synod, on the significance of the remarks made by Primate Elect, bishop Andrew Hutchinson soon after his election regarding the Anglican Church of Canada emitting a unity within the national church to the rest of the world.
The interview also focuses on the feelings shared by delegates during the discussion of the new framework document, “Serving God’s World -Strengthening the Church” for a need to have a more locally, grassroots focused framework.
- Afternoon Live Report with Tim Morgan: Interview with Dean Peter Elliott, Prolocutor of the General Synod, on the Primatial election proceedings, including:
- a summary of the processes of the Primatial Election day;
- when the Primate Elect, Andrew Hutchison, will take office;
- why the Order of Bishops nominates candidates but does not get to vote with the Clergy and Laity.
- Remarks from Archbishop Andrew Hutchison, Primate-elect, upon his election.
Saturday, May 29th:
- Afternoon Live Report with Tim
Morgan: Commentary on resolution A 134 on the
Blessing of Same Sex Unions, and an interview with bishop Fred Hiltz of
Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, on the difference between same sex marriages and same sex unions and what effect any decision on this resolution would have on relations with the Anglican Communion and ecumenical partners at large.
- Presentation on blessing of same-sex unions
Rev. Stephen Andrews, chair of Faith, Worship and Ministry Committee, and the Rt. Rev. Fred Hiltz, Bishop of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, led a presentation on the development of resolution A134, blessing of same-sex unions.
The Rev. Canon Gregory Cameron, Secretary of
the Lambeth Commission on Unity, congratulated the Canadian church for its
courage in engaging in the debate and attempted to place it in the context
of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
- Midday Live Report with Tim Morgan: Commentary and interview with The Reverend Paul Johnson, Ecumenical Relations, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC), on his role as a Partner at General Synod, and challenges facing the partnership of the ELCIC and the Anglican Church of Canada in recognition of the new framework, Serving God’s World, Strengthening the Church.
Commentary and interview with Gordon Yorke, General Synod delegate from the Diocese of Saskatoon, on possible solutions to challenges of rejuvenating an active role in the Church amongst those baptised.
Tim explains the different coloured lanyards worn by people seen on camera.
Friday, May 28th: Opening Worship
- The Presidential Address, by the Most Rev'd David Crawley, from the opening service of the 37th General Synod.
- Live Report with Tim Morgan: Commentary and interview with Susan Winn, General Synod delegate from the Diocese of Montreal, on the Presidential Address.